Google IO 2021 Collaborative Art Experience
Partnering with Google Events & Experiences to create a unique, but most importantly fun, collaborative experience. For Google IO 2021, we wanted to bring the Google community together in a way where they could create something together.
Looking back into some of our tools, we wanted to make an installation where users could paint a canvas together. Here enters our helpful robots, a grid of paint-filled balloons, and a high-speed camera.
At the end of I/O, a canvas was made with all the different colors selected by the at-home I/O Audience, and with each pop that audience was sent an epic slow-mo of their balloon falling to its epic crash.
We then created a microsite that lived within the Google I/O Adventure, a digital world representing I/O, that users could wander and explore, and- upon finding the Splash Canvas- could virtually queue up before having their own chance to pop a balloon. In order to pop one, our adventurers had to upvote on their desired color; the highest-ranked color would win and result in an epic pop from our remote robotic artists.
- Software Development
- Creative Technology
- Custom Fabrication
- Experiential Design
- Interactive Installation
- Project Management
- R&D / Prototyping
- Operation / Support
- Production Design: VTProDesign
- Creative Director: Hailey Mendoza
- Senior Producer: Emily Titelman
- Associate Producer: Abby Murphy
- Executive Creative Director: Alex Ilten
- Creative Producer: Sandra Paller
- Creative Producer: Mike Lee
- Director of Creative Technology: Matthew Wachter Lead
- Creative Technologist: Metal Hayes
- Production Director: Hayk Khanjian
- Production Manager: Nico Yernazian
- Shop Director: Jim Shawhan